Advert

Translate

Thursday, August 21, 2014

My Man Must Be Rich – Popular Nollywood Actress Reveal


Boma-Arinyedokiari 
My name is Boma Arinyedokiari, an actress. I am from Kalabari, Buguma, in Rivers State. I grew up in a Christian family. My parents were strict with us but we never lacked anything that we wanted.  I was taught everything a child should learn and I enjoyed every bit of growing up. I attended the Nigeria Navy Primary School, and University of Uyo, where I studied Communication Arts. I also attended Atlas University, Philadelphia, United States of America, for my masters degree in English.  For me, experience is the best teacher.





 Acting


I knew acting was in me, but I never thought of acting while growing up. I had always thought of being a lawyer but I found myself acting. It all started when I was in school, some of my classmates and my lecturer in General Studies would call me “Actress Boma”, and they would say, ‘Boma you dress like an actress; your hair and clothes look like those of an actress.’ I just laughed over it, until I found myself in my dreams acting with Nollywood top stars. At a point, I asked myself if I could really act. If that was what God wanted, who was I to say no? That was how I found myself acting in movies and my parents did not object to it, they supported me.


 Challenges


I did not have many challenges; I overcame the few that came.


 Competition


I am in no competition with anyone. My career is of utmost importance to me.


 Personality


I don’t do crazy things. I dislike dishonest people. I love straightforward people, and people who are down-to-earth. I love open-minded people because I can proudly say I am one. If someone offends me, I walk up to that person and tell him how I feel and I forget it immediately. But some individuals would harbour grudges in their minds. Honestly, I am like a book; one can read me in just five minutes. I am very transparent.


 Sexiest body part


All parts of my body are sexy.


 Relationship


I am in a relationship, but my relationship is my privacy. It is not for public consumption.


 Ideal man


My kind of man should be tall, God-fearing, clean, and handsome. He must be well-to-do, and have a good diction.


 Nudity


I cannot completely act nude in a movie, no matter the fee, although I have done a movie where I wore a bra and a bum-short, that is as far as I can go.


 Disagreement with Nonso Okonkwo


I do not want to go back to that anymore. I do not believe we had issues.


 Male fans


It is not easy to handle them but I am trying my best. Male fans are very naughty, but I have no choice than to listen to them. They crack me up.


 Motivation


It’s God, my parents, believing in myself and remembering that I have an able producer, Mr. Thomas Ogedengbe. He stood by me through thick and thin. My maxim is, “do unto others as you expect them to do unto you”. The word of God and His grace are the things that keep me going.


 Fame


It has not been easy handling this. Quite unlike before, I no longer walk the streets; go to saloons or markets freely without getting noticed. Fame has indeed cost me my freedom of movement and association. Sometimes, cover my face my with a headgear and spectacles to escape public view but, I do not get away with the disguise. I thank God for the pains and gains of fame.


 Last word


My advice to upcoming acts is to stay focused. Definitely, they would meet some hurdles, but they should never give up. Nothing good comes easy in life. If they continue that way, the sky would be their limit.


Culled from Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment