Advert

Translate

Friday, March 1, 2013

Countdown to AY Live on Easter Sunday (30days to go)

Easter is almost here, and when Easter approaches, one more thing does – AY Live: the award-winning, celebrity-attracting, crowd-thronging and side-splitting Comedy and Music Concert from the stables of AY’s Corporate World Entertainment.

The Date, you must have heard is fixed (March 31, 2013, Easter Sunday); the venue is secured (Eko Hotel & Suites), the time is sure (6pm), and the Performing Acts are gearing up to unleash their very best.

One of them is Alibaba the passionate dreamer and God Father of Nigeria Comedy.

Alibaba it was who was disowned by his father for daring to nurse and purse a career as a Comedian. Comedy made him so obstinate (if that’s what determination takes) he moved to Lagos in 1990. But just while he was enjoying the scenery of the Centre of Excellence, his Uncle (the one he stayed with) threw him out.

Yet, he didn’t go back to Warri.

“I moved to the Bar Beach where I lived for a very long while,” he told Daily Independent Newspapers in an interview, recently.

[caption id="attachment_860" align="alignleft" width="298"]Alibaba Alibaba Leads Veteran Comedians to AY Live on Easter Sunday[/caption]

“At the beach, I met Lati Kekere who was nice to me. He is still my friend to this day. He gave me a tent to sleep and I paid N5 per night in those days. After a while, things started to pick up and I went to my uncle’s place to take my things. My washer-man became my wardrobe; I left all my clothes with him. Anytime I needed clothes I go to him. From there, I trekked to NTA every day.

“I started by appearing on NTA. I was on Youth Scene, Youth Rendezvous and the Sunday Show. I was prepared, I

The rest, as the cliché goes, is history.wanted opportunity... However, at a point, Bar Beach was no longer safe. Pimps and robbers were taking over so, I moved over to Yabatech. Every day, I trekked to NTA from Yabatech where I squatted with a friend. It was quite a distance but I had a dream that was bigger than the journey. I was committed to my dream….”

The Bar Beach Boy, the Squatter from Warri is now the BIG BOY, and the Landlord in Lagos. We don’t know what goes on in Alibaba’s mind anytime he drives past Bar Beach but we know the state he leaves his audience anytime he is on the Mic.

That’s why he leads veteran Comedians to AY Live on Easter Sunday, this year. That’s why you should come with an expectation to be thoroughly cracked up this Easter… And that’s how we call it DAY ONE, on the Official Countdown to AY Live on Easter Sunday.

Please follow AY on twitter to get latest updates @AYCOMEDIAN, and if you would be tweeting about the event, kindly use this hashtag #AYLiveOnEasterSunday.

Thank you for coming around, the Countdown continues tomorrow.

 

 

 

1 comment: