Advert

Translate

Sunday, March 23, 2014

"Why I Didn't Abort Clarence Peters"-Clarion Chukwura Reveals


Nollywood actress, Clarion Chukwura and music legend, Sir Shina Peters are the parents of popular music director, Clarence Peters. Clarion is said to have taken care of Clarence on her own, without Shina Peters help. Clarence started relating with his father only 5-years ago.  
In a new interview with The Nation, Clarion said she had the opportunity to abort him initially, but she didn't. Read why she made the decision to keep him below:

She Said:
You know what? It is not because Clarence is successful today. Clarence knows the truth and those who are close to me know the truth. I didn’t have Clarence because I was too helpless to get rid of his pregnancy. I had three sets of friends: there was Dr. Ojikutu( pauses)… when I was in the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), he was ready to do it, free of charge. There was St. Lawrence in Ibadan and St. Jude here in Lagos. 
But each time, I said no. I lost my father when I was 11 and he left a message that he was going to come back to me through my first kid. So, when I got pregnant, it kept ringing in my head that my father was coming back to me. Even my ex- husband knew how much my father meant to me. It was on his 30th anniversary that I was able to let go of the hurt of his death. Having Clarence was deliberate. I just had the conviction that my father was coming back. And from when he was born, everyone calls him daddy, including my mum.
Read about what Clarion went through in giving birth and raising Clarence HERE

20 comments:

  1. would have been nice if you added Shina Peter's pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did just the right thing and that shows the type of person you truly are, You are worthy to be called MOTHER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U can imagine how many giants must have been wasted through ABORTIONS. Hail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dope God bless ur household

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are really a mother indeed....

    ReplyDelete
  6. u ar a blessed mother, God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  7. would you have aborted if your daddy didn't promise you he will come through you first child or if you didn't love your daddy at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very Special 'things' happen for 'reasons'....she has clearly stated her reason. Y don't u just accept it. Haa!

      Delete
    2. Wheda u wanted to abort him or not, I believe God saved him for a purpose & I think its bcos God loves u so. Xtiano Ronaldo's mom almost aborted him too but Again I'm sure God spared him for a purpose. You're a lucky woman

      Delete
  8. I'm not a big fan of Nollywood Movies, but I admire you for saving this son of yours. Great Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ur worthy of admiration

    ReplyDelete
  10. A mother indeed! At some point in time some of us who were not brave enough to keep our pregnancy we aborted often regret it. I wish I knew better. God have mercy on me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kudos to Clarion Chukwura for doing dis, u r a mother indeed

    ReplyDelete
  12. u are a mother indeed for keeping the pregnancy, Apart from the love u have for ur father, u still have the fear of God in u becos some people will still love their father but yet they will still disobey him after all his a dead man. God will bless u more an more my sis I love u always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He so much look like his mother.

    ReplyDelete