Advert

Translate

Saturday, November 9, 2013

UNBELIEVABLE PHOTOS: MEET THE THINNEST GIRL IN THE WORLD

 
At just 5ft 2″ tall and weighing in at 4st 3lb, Lizzie Velasquez, 24, appears worryingly thin at first glance. Her condition is the result of a syndrome so rare that it is shared by just two other people.
Her condition means that try as she might, Lizzie, from Austin in Texas, finds it impossible to gain weight or store fat, and as a result, she’s forced to eat up to 60 small meals a day.
more pics after the cut


Inspiring: Lizzie, who suffers from a rare genetic disorder, is now a best-selling author of two books

Slender: Lizzie weighs just 4st 3lbs and cannot put on weight
Despite the challenges, she insists she wouldn’t change a thing about herself and, instead, throws herself into her work as a motivational speaker and anti-bullying campaigner.Speaking in TLC documentary, Body Bizarre, Lizzie, who was tormented by school bullies and has endured vile abuse online, said she has no intention of attempting to ‘fit in’.
‘I would never, ever change my appearance, even if I could,’ she explains. ‘It’s taken me so many years to accept who I am and like the person that I see in the mirror so I would never change it just to “fit in”.’
Her doctor, Dr Abhimanyu Garg, says: Lizzie is one of the very few people in the world to have this condition.
‘[Sufferers] have very little muscle mass, their limbs look very thin, spindly, and many of these people, they die very early in life. Other children with this have had very different experiences. Lizzie is 24 right now so she has beaten these odds.’
Thanks to the illness, Lizzie, who weighed just 2lb 11oz when she was born, has already lost the sight in her right eye and has limited use of the other.Nevertheless, she has refused to allow that to stop her and has penned two best-selling books, and works as a motivational speaker doing up to 200 talks a year.
‘I was at home, online, and I saw a picture that was really familiar,’ she reveals, gesturing towards a still from the interview that had been given the caption ‘The Most Ugly Woman In The World’,
‘I felt like somebody was putting their hand through the computer screen and punching me over and over.

‘There were thousands and thousands of comments. The first one said: “I just threw up over my keyboard. You’re gross.” The second, “eww, kill it with fire, now”. Others asked why my parents didn’t abort me because I’m so ugly. Can you imagine that?’
Despite the vile comments, Lizzie says she has no fear of bullies anymore and if she were to meet one in future, her response would be: ‘I won’.


9 comments:

  1. This is her facebook page https://www.facebook.com/aboutlizzie
    Read more about her here www.aboutlizzie.com

    AY should invite her to one of his shows. It will definetly be memorable.

    Adeniyi

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmmmmmmm!!!! God is so great.you really won.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read Unlimited sex stories ..... Http://m.facebook.com/adenaijstories

    ReplyDelete
  4. u rilly won. cuz u are u & nobody can b you. u already have d power to control ur heart dat is gud

    ReplyDelete